The Vermont Paddlers Club

Meet new friends, and paddle better!
Home»Get Involved»

Meeting Minutes

Id
6
Mtgdate
2005-11-02
Purpose
Executive Committee Meeting
Officers
James Raboin, Ray Ingram, Rich Larsen
Others
Tony Shaw, Dan Beideck, Norm Staunton, Deb Zwitter, Isaac Annis
Agenda
VPC shirts
Hartland Rapid
ACA Paddle America Club Changes for 2006
Pool sessions
West River
Election Business
Opening
The meeting was called to order by president Ray Ingram, in the home of James Raboin, in Milton.
Reports
Treasurers Statement:

- Year end treasury expected between $1200 and $1300 dollars. This years net ACA costs were about $115.
Newbiz
Hartland Rapid:

- Eve is pursuing changing rooms at the site. Norm and Ray have been discussing having a rodeo at the site next season. For now it is planned as an informal event with possible food/party. More discussion needed on this subject.

ACA Paddle America Club Changes for 2006

- Next year the ACA will not expect clubs to pay the $5 individual fee and will collect it themselves. This makes the treasurers job easier. The expected ACA cost for 2006 to remain a Paddle America Club will be $225. An increase in membership fees is likely for next year to offset ACA costs if we remain a PAC club. At the next VPC meeting it is to be decided whether or not to stay on with the ACA as a PAC member. The point was made by Tony that our trip organizer base is decreasing, less people are interested in leading trips now with the ACA requirements.

Pool sessions:

First in Fitness pool (Barre): John Pandolfo is looking into alternative Barre area site, where he had it last year was too expensive.

Mt. Abe HS pool (Bristol): Ray would like to see 3 to 4 pool sessions in Bristol, and Dan thought that would take business away from expected UVM sessions. Ray may volunteer to run a few Bristol sessions, more discussion is needed on Bristol pool.

UVM pool (Burlington): Dan and Ray have had discussions with Catayak about another season of Joint pool sessions with the UVM kayak club. Dan to propose keeping the same terms as last year, where we pay for the ACA $10 event fee for any non ACA UVM club member attending. In exchange the VPC gets pool time and a lifeguard. More discussion upcoming on this topic.

Dan mentioned that any pool sessions outside of UVM would need an organizer with a business plan. The VPC may sponsor other pool sessions such as someone interested in Brattleboro area, but the club cannot afford to lose money on these.

We may need an electronic type documentation system to keep track of pool session attendance, organizers, etc.

West River:

- Ray would like to propose to the Army Corps to get 2 more additional spring releases from the Ball mountain dam. One higher 1500 CFS flow weekend for rafting, and one 800 CFS flow weekend for recreation.

- Several members made comments that the Corps needs to understand these are additional release requests, and must not affect the current spring and fall releases. Ray will work with Norm on this proposal.

Election Business:

- We did not finalize the nominations for the upcoming election like we had hoped, it was felt more time was needed to get other people interested in helping out. We voted on a process to hold elections. This process will be combination of mail in and election meeting voting.

- Ray had until November 9 to pick an election commissioner, and has now done so; it will be Collie Chambers.

- Final election nominations will be due no later than November 23.

- Nov. 23 is also the due date for anyone wanting to write a bio to be considered for election, no more than 150 words.

- We plan to have an election meeting on January 8. Tony will look at booking the Williston Federated Church for the meeting.

- Tony will send out two postcards, one now for letting people know about the nominations and Dan's survey. The next one will be a reminder send out in late December reminding of the election meeting.

- There will be a list of candidates on the website, so people can mail in a ballot if they cannot make the January meeting.
Oldbiz
VPC shirts - Ray still has a lot of them for sale. Tony will put a notice on the website about shirts available, and also mention option for Cafe Press merchandise. Ray gave Norm an electronic logo to use for Cafe Press, Norm is the contact person for that project. We will determine merchandise selection available from Cafe Press with VPC logo on it at a later meeting.
Nextmtg
2005-12-07
Author
James Raboin
Postdate
2005-11-14
Blessed
1
Joomla
255
The meeting minutes below date back to 2003. Prior year meeting minutes generally appear in the 'Bow and Stern' Newsletter Archive.
Minutes still in 'draft' form are omitted from this list. Thus, the minutes below have been 'released' for public viewing. The VPC secretary will typically post minutes from recent meetings once they have been finalized/approved.
To view meeting minutes or other meeting attachments in WORD or EXCEL, you will need to have those applications installed on your phone or computer.

2018

2016

2014

2013

2012

2011

2010

2009

2008

2007

2006

2005

2004

2003

Please log in.
For Username, enter either 1) the primary email address you've specified in your member profile, or 2) the Username assigned to you upon joining the VPC.

Once you are logged in as a VPC member, you will have access to your member profile, and members-only content on the website. If your login attempts fail, please email the webmaster. Include your name, and (if you know it) the username you were assigned.

Page Views: Link CheckerValid XHTML 1.0Valid CSS
© 1996-2021 The Vermont Paddlers Club
Report a Bug
The 'My Favorites' list uses cookies...
Add this page to 'My Favorites' Remove this page from 'My Favorites' Trip Reports Message Boards Site Map
Current PHP version: 7.4.16