The Vermont Paddlers Club

Meet new friends, and paddle better!
Home»Get Involved»

Meeting Minutes

Id
5
Mtgdate
2004-10-11
Purpose
Executive Committee Meeting
Officers
Ray Ingram, Richard Larsen, James Raboin
Others
Cheryl Robinson, Simon Wiles
Agenda
Committee Reports
Little River Weir Removal
Fall Pool Sessions Proposal
Membership Drive
Opening
The meeting was called to order by president Ray Ingram, at the Larsen residence in Essex.
Reports
TREASURER'S REPORT - Larsen
As of 10/1/2004, the treasury had $1972, not including $1000 for Little River Weir Removal Study - see below. The fixed expenditures before 12/31/2004 is $150 for the Website. The treasurer tries to close the year with $1500 on hand.

The only proposed large expenditure for 4Q04 was $200 for the West River Study. A motion was made and passed to spend this money. This is a donation to New England Flow to help fund the study they have arranged of the financial impact of extra releases on the West River at Jamaica, above the current one weekend in the spring and one day in the fall. The study is being performed by VPC member Mike Crane.

There was discussion as to whether Vermont Rivers Conservancy still exists, but subsequently it was determined that it does exist, just may have changed address. VPC donated $50 to VRC in 2004.

SAFETY AND EDUCATION REPORT - Raboin
James reported that an excellent safety clinic was held 10/2 and 10/3, taught by Mark Moore for a special rate of $400. There were 9 participants, and each paid $50. With $45 in incidental expenses above the $400, the total was $5 gain for the treasury. There was discussion that we need to nail down the financial goals and planned costs earlier, to avoid last minute adjustments.

Activities / spending for 2005 safety include
  • CPR course subsidized to some level by VPC - Cheryl to make a proposal
  • Purchase of new throw ropes??
  • Find all items in the two most recent safety kits, make sure we know who has, and arrange a plan whereby these are in the hands of the most frequent trip leaders. Rich to make a proposal.
Newbiz
There was considerable discussion of the activities associated with the proposed removal of the Little River Weir. To get a copy of the petition being posted in local stores contact Ray Ingram (below). He also can provide you a copy of the letter being sent to various state officials and agencies. Ray Ingram and Jack Daggett are coordinating the activity, and welcome your comments. Ray can be reached by email, rkicanoe@msn.com

Cheryl will look into possible rolling session in Bristol and in Burlington for November / December.

VPC membership drive at West River?? Ray feels strongly that we should expand VPC membership at by being visible at high-profile events like the West.
Nextmtg
2005-01-19
Author
Richard Larsen
Postdate
2004-10-18
Blessed
1
Joomla
318
The meeting minutes below date back to 2003. Prior year meeting minutes generally appear in the 'Bow and Stern' Newsletter Archive.
Minutes still in 'draft' form are omitted from this list. Thus, the minutes below have been 'released' for public viewing. The VPC secretary will typically post minutes from recent meetings once they have been finalized/approved.
To view meeting minutes or other meeting attachments in WORD or EXCEL, you will need to have those applications installed on your phone or computer.

2018

2016

2014

2013

2012

2011

2010

2009

2008

2007

2006

2005

2004

2003

Please log in.
For Username, enter either 1) the primary email address you've specified in your member profile, or 2) the Username assigned to you upon joining the VPC.

Once you are logged in as a VPC member, you will have access to your member profile, and members-only content on the website. If your login attempts fail, please email the webmaster. Include your name, and (if you know it) the username you were assigned.

Page Views: Link CheckerValid XHTML 1.0Valid CSS
© 1996-2021 The Vermont Paddlers Club
Report a Bug
The 'My Favorites' list uses cookies...
Add this page to 'My Favorites' Remove this page from 'My Favorites' Trip Reports Message Boards Site Map
Current PHP version: 7.4.23